Clinical Update Jeopardy
Thursday, April 22, 2021
6:15 - 8:15 pm EST
Do you enjoy trivia?
Do you want the opportunity to compete head-to-head with your colleagues in other SGIM regions?
Would you like to be part of one of the most interactive events at the annual meeting?
Then sign up to participate in SGIM’s first-ever Annual Meeting Jeopardy Competition! Our goal is to foster a sense of togetherness and fun since we won’t be seeing each other in person this year.
There are six contestant slots available (including Team Captain) so sign-up before it’s too late! Slots will be filled on a first-come first-serve basis.
Please complete the signup form no later than March 19, 2021: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SGIMJeopardy
Date: Thursday, April 22, 2021
Time: 6:15 – 8:15pm EST
Content: The questions will be based on content of the Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday Clinical Update presentations. (you will be given access to the presentations ahead of time to study)
1. Jeopardy will take place via Zoom Webinar
- Contestants will have ability to control their camera and microphone, but attendees (audience) will only have the ability to view the presenters and communicate using the chat box.
- Teams will need to use a secondary device such as Microsoft Teams or a text thread to communicate with each other for team-only discussion.
2. Game will consist of 2 rounds with 5 categories in each, plus a final Jeopardy round.
3. Teams alternate turns – there is no buzzer/race to be the first team to answer.
4. Team 1 picks a category and point value – question is read (e.g. “Women’s Health for 200”).
5. All teams discuss the answer via their team’s secondary communication platform; respective captains enter the answer into a Google doc before time expires.
6. After all questions are completed, final jeopardy (wager based) ensues.
- The team who picked the question chooses to attempt to answer the question or to “pass”
- If they attempt and are correct – points are awarded, and the turn is over.
- If they attempt and are incorrect – they lose that many points and any team who has submitted the correct answer earns 100 points.
- If they pass, they neither lose nor gain points and any team who has answered the correct answer earns 100 points.