Interest Groups are hour long networking opportunities for SGIM meeting attendees with shared professional interests. Submission of an Interest Group serves as a request for meeting space.
Key Dates SUBMISSION SITE
- Submission required each year:
- Interest groups must submit a request to meet each year.
- Interest groups that previously met at annual meetings must resubmit a request each year.
- Non-educational networking event: Interest group sessions must not be designed or submitted as formal learning sessions as they do not offer or accrue CME credit hours.
- No session evaluation: As interest group meetings do not offer CME credit, SGIM does not conduct interest group session evaluations.
- Planning an educational session? The Program Committee invites you to submit your educational session as a workshop rather than as an interest group.
Interest Group Duration
- Interest Group sessions are 60 minutes long.
Interest Group Submission Structure
- Title: Please include “Interest Group” at the end of the Interest Group name. Examples include: Fellowship Directors Interest Group or Hospital Medicine Interest Group.
- Description: Please provide a brief (300 word) description of your networking interest group, including the target participants, and any activities planned or anticipated content of discussion. This description will be posted on the SGIM website for one year along with the name and email address of the coordinator.
- Coordinator: Interest Group submissions may identify one (and only one) person who will serve as the session coordinator at the annual meeting (administrative contact regarding the annual meeting).
- Similar Interest Groups: Please identify other SGIM Interest Groups with similarly themed topics, should space limitations require the combination of two interest groups into one unified interest group session during the Annual Meeting.
- Scheduling Conflicts: The online submission process allows submitting authors to identify one or two other SGIM Interest Groups with which scheduling conflicts should be avoided. Every effort will be made to accommodate these scheduling requests, however, the Program Committee determines the final schedule. Do not enter more than one interest group in the two text fields available to you during this step of the online submission.
Interest Group Scheduling
The Program Committee will attempt to accommodate as many networking interest groups as possible. However, due to scheduling and space considerations, not all networking interest groups may be accommodated
- Scheduling: Interest group meetings will be scheduled on Thursday and Friday during breakfast or lunchtime sessions.
- Interest Group Venues: In order to accommodate as many groups as possible, interest group sessions will be scheduled in one of several formats:
A. Standard Meeting Room Spaces
B. Themed tabletop conversations depending on pre-registration numbers or historical attendance
C. Meeting spaces that are shared in common with other networking interest groups (as described below)
- Combining Interest Groups:Upon review of all interest group submissions, the Program Committee may request, at their discretion, certain interest groups with similarly themed topics combine into one unified interest group session during the annual meeting. The online submission process allows submitting authors to identify one or two other SGIM Interest Groups with which they would consider combining. Every effort will be made to accommodate these scheduling requests, but the Program Committee determines the final schedule.
GIM Connect Interest Groups
Many Interest Groups have established online communities on GIM Connect. Interest group communities on GIM Connect are open to all SGIM Members. Before submitting, please view currently active interest groups on GIM Connect that may be of similar nature.
Join/View Interest Groups
- Login to Connect.SGIM.org
- Click on Communities to see the list of interest group online communities you can join.
Questions? Contact email@example.com