2016 Annual Meeting Videos Available
2016 saw the largest attendance at an SGIM annual meeting in history! 2200 attendees networked, learned, and had a great time in sunny Florida.
Did you miss the meeting?We have uploaded videos from the three plenary sessions on the SGIM YouTube Channel.
Presidential Address by Marshall Chin, MD
2016 Malcolm L. Peterson Honor Lecture, Progress in Improving Healthcare Delivery, by Timothy G. Ferris, MD, MPH
Mapping Your Journey: An Armchair Conversation across Generations about CaREER Development. Moderator: Christopher Masi, MD.Panelists: Robert H. Fletcher, MD, MSc and Suzanne W. Fletcher MD, MSc, Jada C. Bussey-Jones, MD,Brita Roy, MD, MPH, MHS
Free Online Access to JGIM Issue
Springer is pleased to offer free access to the 1st 2016 issue of theJournal of General Internal Medicinethrough 15th June 2016.
Read, download and cite!
Why not forward this message to your colleagues?
Renew Your Membership Dues
Want to renew your 2017 SGIM and/or ACLGIM membership before June 30th?
We will be happy to update your member account so you can renew online! Contact email@example.com to request early renewal.
Please allow 3-5 business days for processing.
SGIM Regional Meeting Dates
Join SGIM at one of our regional meetings in 2016-2017.Dates below:
September 22-23, 2016
October 7, 2016
California-Hawaii: January 21, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
February 3, 2017 (date not confirmed)
February 16-18, 2017
New Orleans, LA
March 10, 2017
March 31, 2017
The Living Hand Podcasts
Over the last three years, the Medical Humanities editors of JGIM Web have done a terrific job selecting, editing and commenting on over 60 posts published online.
Future posts along with their editorial commentaries will now also be available as podcasts created by the authors and the editorial team members.
The first of these podcasts for the piece "Signing In" by Pritha Subramanyam and the accompanyingeditorial commentaryby Deputy Web Editor Rachel Elkin are now available online.
The best way to access these podcasts is by subscribing to them on your smartphone.Click here for instructions on downloading the app.
Call for New JGIM Editors
The Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM) is pleased to request letters of interest regarding the position of Editor(s)-in-Chief for the Journal of General Internal Medicine (JGIM).
This Call For Letters of Intent solicits initial letters of interest in the position of JGIM Editor(s)-in-Chief, for a five- year term commencing July 1, 2017.
The requirements for the initial letter of interest are as follows:
- Two-page letter outlining the candidate's general vision for the Journal, both JGIM online and in print, briefly summarizing his/her editorial and/or other relevant experience, and providing a partial listing of the individuals who would be expected to be key personnel for the editorial team and their institution(s) (e.g., potential associate/deputy editors).
- Candidate's Curriculum Vitae, including prior SGIM involvement.Candidates MUST be SGIM members in good standing at the time of their application.
Read the full call here.
For more information, please contact Francine Jetton, SGIM Director of Communications firstname.lastname@example.org 202-887-5150.
This third TEACH cohort received their certificates at the 2016 SGIM Annual Meeting in Hollywood, Florida following a year of in-person and online study and the completion of an educator's portfolio.Congratulations to the 2015-16 TEACH Certificate recipients:
- Gabrielle Berger, University of Washington
- Sarah Christensen, Denver Health
- Jennifer Chuang, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Lindsey Fish, Denver Health
- Marianthe Grammas, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Jhee Un Lee, John H. Stroger Hospital of Cook County
- Kathryn Lee Noll, John Stroger Hospital of Cook County
- Tiffany Lewis, Baptist Health System
- Jennifer Lom, Emory University
- Archana Mahankali, Richard L. Roudebush VAMC, Indianapolis
- Susan Merel, University of Washington Medical Center
- Ryan Munyon, Penn State Hershey Medical Center
- Ryan Nall, University of Florida College of Medicine
- Nnenna Oluigbo, Medstar Washington Hospital Center
- Sidney Palmer Hill, University of Illinois College of Medicine
- Ambili Ramachandran, Boston Medical Center
- Stacie Schmidt, Emory University
- Andrew Sides, University of South Carolina School of Medicine
- Jennifer Verbsky, Northwell Health System
- Katherine Walsh, Ohio State University
- Jessica Zeidman, Massachusetts General Hospital
A new cohort of 24 additional TEACH scholars began their program at the 2016 annual meeting.We look forward to seeing their success in the coming year.