Interest Groups are one hour long and provide networking opportunities for SGIM meeting attendees with shared professional interests. Interest group submissions are free and the submission of an Interest Group serves as a request for meeting space.
Key Dates SESSION COORDINATORS: RSVP NOW
September 5, 2017: Interest Group submission CLOSED
September 26, 2017: Interest Group submission closes CLOSED
November 14, 2017: Acceptance Notifications Emailed
November 21, 2017 at 9am ET: RSVP Responses Due
Interest Group Submissions are closed.
- Submission required each year:
- Interest groups must submit a request to meet each year.
- Interest groups that previously met at annual meetings must resubmit a request each year.
- Non-educational networking event: Interest group sessions must not be designed or submitted as formal learning sessions as they do not offer or accrue CME credit hours.
- No session evaluation: As interest group meetings do not offer CME credit, SGIM does not conduct interest group session evaluations.
- Planning an educational session? The Program Committee invites you to submit your educational session as a workshop rather than as an interest group. The 2018 annual meeting schedule allows for more peer-reviewed workshop sessions to be scheduled than in past years.
Interest Group Duration
Interest Group sessions are 60 minutes long.
Interest Group Submission Structure
- Description: This description will be posted on the SGIM website for one year along with the name and email address of the coordinator.
- Coordinator: Interest Group submissions may identify one (and only one) person who will serve as the session coordinator at the annual meeting (administrative contact regarding the annual meeting).
Interest Group Scheduling
- Interest group meetings will be on Thursday and Friday.
- Meeting Room or Themed Tabletop Conversations: For the 2018 Annual Meeting, interest group sessions will be scheduled in either standard meeting room spaces or as themed tabletop conversations during meal or networking times, depending on pre-registration numbers.
- Combining Interest Groups: Upon review of all interest group submissions, the Program Committee may request, at their discretion, certain interest groups with similarly themed topics combine into one unified interest group session during the annual meeting.
- Scheduling is rotated each year so no interest group is assigned to the same schedule each year.
- Scheduling Conflicts: The online submission process allows submitting authors to identify one or two other SGIM Interest Groups with which scheduling conflicts should be avoided. Every effort will be made to accommodate these scheduling requests, but the Program Committee determines the final schedule. Do not enter more than one interest group in the two text fields available to you during this step of the online submission.
GIM Connect Interest Groups
Many Interest Groups have established online communities on GIM Connect. Interest group communities on GIM Connect are open to all SGIM Members. Before submitting, please view currently active interest groups on GIM Connect that may be of similar nature.
Join/View Interest Groups
- Login to Connect.SGIM.org
- Click on Communities to see the list of interest group online communities you can join.
Questions? Contact email@example.com