2022 National Young Scholars in GIM Scholarship Program
February 18, 2022 at 12 pm eastern: Application Deadline
February 25, 2022: Application Notifications Sent
What is it?
The 2022 National Young Scholars in GIM Scholarship is a program for residents and medical students that provides scholarships to support the registration fee to the 2022 SGIM Annual Meeting. Up to 50 scholarships are available this year.
Who should apply?
Any medical student, intern or resident who is interested in attending the SGIM Annual meeting. This scholarship is designed to bring interested trainees to the meeting. It is not necessary to be presenting at the meeting to apply, but an active SGIM membership is required. All interested students and residents are encouraged to join SGIM and apply today! Visit sgim.org/membership for more information.
Why should I apply?
The 2022 National Young Scholars in GIM Scholarship is designed to give students, interns and residents the opportunity to attend the SGIM annual meeting and allow them to fully experience all that SGIM has to offer. The SGIM annual meeting is a major hub of research, clinical and educational material that anyone with an interest in GIM will find to be high quality, broadly applicable, and expertly presented.
How do I apply??
To be considered, applicants must provide (PDF documents preferred):
Two brief statements (in one combined document):
- A brief statement (200 words or less) that describes your interest in general internal medicine as well as your career goals.
- A brief statement (200 words or less) that describes your interest in and plans for the 2022 SGIM Annual Meeting. This may include presentations you are giving, sessions covering your areas of interest, networking, etc.)
To submit your application, log into your member account and follow these steps:
- Under the Awards & Nominations tab select “View Open Competitions”
- Click on “2022 National Young Scholars in GIM Scholarship” then "Enter Now"
- Upload the required documents and click "Next" at the bottom of the screen.
- Verify your uploaded documents and click "Submit"
February 18, 2022 at 12 pm eastern: Young Scholars in GIM Scholarship Application Deadline
Applicants will be notified February 25, 2022 via email.
Questions? Contact Muna Futur, Director of Member Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org
SGIM Trainee Engagement