To be considered, applicants must provide (PDF documents preferred):
1. Two brief statements (in one combined document):
- A brief statement (200 words or less) that describes your interest in general internal medicine as well as your career goals.
- A brief statement (200 words or less) that describes your interest in and plans for the virtual 2021 SGIM Annual Meeting. This may include presentations you are giving, sessions covering your areas of interest, networking, etc.) You may wish to view the preliminary session listing here and identify those sessions or events you are most interested in attending in your statement.
2. A letter of support from a leader or mentor at your institution who is also a SGIM member. If you cannot locate a member of SGIM at your institution to write a letter of support, please contact Muna Futur at SGIM.
To submit your application, log into your member account and follow these steps:
- Under the Awards & Nominations tab select “View Open Competitions”
- Click on “2021 National Young Scholars in GIM Scholarship” then "Enter Now"
- Upload the required documents and click "Next" at the bottom of the screen.
- Verify your uploaded documents and click "Submit"
March 5, 2021 at 12 pm eastern: Young Scholars in GIM Scholarship Application Deadline