The challenges of 2020-21 brought with them a sea of innovation—our generalist colleagues have had to adapt and pivot in new directions, and so has SGIM. This year’s annual meeting transcends the boundaries of physical space to bring you a vital and energizing learning experience through our new virtual platform. Learn more about how we are all “Transforming Values into Action” at the SGIM 2021 annual meeting, Tuesday-Friday, April 20-23.
Daily Events at the Meeting
Each day of the meeting brings many new opportunities for education, networking, and peer-to-peer interaction.
Our exciting and varied speakers help focus us at the beginning of each day.
- Tuesday: Fawn Lopez, Publisher and Vice President of Modern Healthcare. “Leading Through Values: From Lessons of the Pandemic to Leadership Shifts for the Next Normal”
- Wednesday: Dr. Vivian S. Lee, President of Health Platforms at Verify Life Sciences. “Lessons from The Long Fix—Leading the Transformation to Value”
- Thursday: Dr. Dayna Bowen Matthew, Dean and Harold H. Greene Professor of Law at The George Washington University Law School. “Realizing True Health Equity—An Equal Opportunity to be Healthy For All”
- Friday: LaShyra “Lash” Nolan, Harvard Medical School Student Body President. “It’s Never Too Early to Become an Agent for Change”
Distinguished Professor Special Series
Join a different Distinguished Professor each day during their Keynote Lecture. Each Distinguished Professor will also lead discussion in a Virtual Poster Walk & Talk focused on their area of expertise.
- Tuesday: Distinguished Professor of Geriatrics (DPG) Mara A. Schonberg, MD, MPH
- Wednesday: Distinguished Professor of Health Equity (DPHE) Alicia Fernandez, MD
- Thursday: Distinguished Professor of Hospital Medicine (DPHM) Rebecca A. Harrison, MD, FACP
- Friday: Distinguished Professor of Women and Medicine (DPWM) Redonda G. Miller, MD, MBA
Events throughout the Meeting
Opportunities for education and networking are packed into the annual meeting schedule. SGIM attendees will also still find plenty of “traditional programming” with dozens of LIVE Workshops, Interest Groups, and Mentoring Panels as well as pre-recorded sessions like Special Symposia, Clinical Updates, and Oral Abstracts. New innovations include all-day poster sessions (see as many as you want—at your convenience), Clinical Update Jeopardy featuring regional teams, and discussion boards where you can post about whatever interests you.
How to Access and Get Help if You Need It
SGIM has also implemented new technology to help you interact with colleagues in real time through two important online tools: our online conference planner and the SGIM annual meeting app. Preschedule your events and then view your daily schedule by using our online conference planner: https://connect.sgim.org/annualmeeting/online-planner. You can browse sessions by day/type/topic and build your agenda all online ahead of the meeting. Once at the meeting, find your peers and chat online through the SGIM Annual Meeting App (search for the Event Pilot Conference App in the App Store and use event code SGIM21). Need some help? SGIM staff are available throughout the conference to help solve any issues.
This year brings us ways to reinvent ourselves. Transform with us at #SGIM21.