Go To Submission Site
GIM Connect Interest Groups
August 23, 2021: ScholarOne Submission Portal Opens
September 22, 2021: ScholarOne Submission Portal Closes
November 3, 2021: Acceptance Notifications Sent
November 17, 2021: RSVP Responses Due
- Interest groups must submit a request to meet each year
- Non-Educational Networking Event: Interest group sessions must not be designed or submitted as formal learning sessions as they do not offer or accrue CME or MOC credit hours.
- Planning an educational session during your networking interest group? The Program Committee invites you to submit your educational session as a workshop rather than as an interest group.
- Interest Group Duration: Interest Group sessions are 60 minutes long.
Interest Group Submission Structure
- Title: please include “Interest Group” at the end of the Interest Group name. Examples include: Fellowship Directors Interest Group or Hospital Medicine Interest Group.
- Group Description: Please provide a brief (300 words maximum) description of your interest group, including the target participants, and any activities planned or anticipated content of discussion. This description will be posted on the SGIM website for one year along with the name and email address of the coordinator.
- Coordinator: Interest Group submissions may identify one (and only one) person who will serve as the session coordinator at the annual meeting. This person will be the administrative contact regarding the annual meeting as well as the interest group’s coordinator during the following year up until the following year’s annual meeting.
- Similar Interest Groups: Please identify other SGIM Interest Groups with similarly themed topics, should space limitations require the combination of two interest groups into one unified interest group session during the Annual Meeting.
- History: Is this a new Interest Group? If No, has this group met in a prior year? If so, please list year(s).
- Product Approval: Does your presentation reference/mention a product that is not approved in the United States for the use under discussion? Yes/No. If yes, explain.
Submitting authors MUST select one primary category and one secondary category for each submission that best reflects the work.
Go to the Submission Categories page for more information on the categories.
- Ambulatory Medicine
- Hospital-Based Medicine
- Medical Education and Education Scholarship
- Career Development, Professionalism, and Wellness
- Clinical Informatics and Health Information Technology
- The Life Span - Adolescence to Geriatrics, Palliative Care, and End-of-Life
- Healthcare Delivery and Redesign
- Diversity/Equity/Inclusion, Health Equity and Social Determinants of Health
- Health Policy and Advocacy, Economics, and Finance
- Medical Ethics and Humanities
- Stigmatized Health Conditions
- Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
- Women’s Health, Sex, and Gender-Informed Medicine
Interest Group Scheduling
The Program Committee will attempt to accommodate as many interest groups as possible. However, due to scheduling and space consideration, not all interest groups may be accommodated.
- Scheduling: Interest group meetings will be scheduled over the course of the meeting.
- Interest Group Venues: In order to accommodate as many groups as possible, interest group sessions will be scheduled in one of two formats:
- A) Standard meeting/breakout room
- B) Small group of tables in a shared networking/break space
- Combining Interest Groups: Upon review of all interest group submissions, the Program Committee may request, at their discretion, certain interest groups with similarly themed topics combine into one unified interest group session during the annual meeting.
- Scheduling Conflicts: The online submission process allows submitting authors to identify one or two other SGIM Interest Groups with which scheduling conflicts should be avoided. Every effort will be made to accommodate these scheduling requests, but the Program Committee determines the final schedule. Identify one or two other SGIM Interest Groups with which scheduling conflicts.
GIM Connect Interest Groups
Many Interest Groups have established online communities on GIM Connect. Interest group communities on GIM Connect are open to all SGIM Members. Before submitting, please view currently active interest groups on GIM Connect that may be of similar nature.
Join/View Interest Groups
- Login to Connect.SGIM.org
- Click on Communities to see the list of interest group online communities you can join.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org